Post by Aaron on Jan 4, 2014 12:25:22 GMT -6
Welcome back to the Beavers Bend Fly Shop message board. Thank you for your patience while we searched for a more reliable and secure forum software to provide service to our small fly fishing community. Spamming has been the reason for past forum crashes and we believe this forum has the proper security measures in place to prevent this from happening again. Unfortunately, not due to the lack of much effort(along with the former software company gurus), we were unable to recover posts from the former forum. We will try every measure to continue the effort to recover the most relevant and important topics/discussions from the past forum. If we are successful, we will notify members in the news banner. Please read and abide by the following rules before posting on this forum. You will be held responsible for understanding these rules.
ABSOLUTE: The Forum Administrator/Moderators retain the right to delete users/posts at any time, for any reason, without notification or warning whatsoever.
1. SPAMMING is absolutely not permitted. The past forums have failed due to this exact reason. Measures have been implemented to reduce/eliminate this threat. Please due your part to keep all posts as constructive as possible. No warning or notification of deletion/banning will be given if this rule is violated.
2. ADVERTISING: Commercial and personal advertising is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Products, services, and web sites linked or alluded to in this forum constitutes deletion/banning and post/topic removal. Moderators will make this high priority and little, if any, warning or notification will be given before user banning/deletion action is taken. Beavers Bend Fly Shop provides this service to our small community free of outside advertising to focus on helping us become better stewards of our fly fishing resources.
3. There will be no use of profanity.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
5. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.
6. Pornography, Warez, or any other illegal transactions will NOT be linked in any shape or form. See ABSOLUTE...
7. All posts are the responsibility of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators/moderators deem reasonable. See ABSOLUTE...
8. Users may not argue a moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderator must first address the moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the moderator and user must send their positions to the forum admin. The forum admin will make or change any and/or all final decisions.
9. Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive. If you plan to post more than one image, or the topic is based on graphics, please link the images as much as reasonable rather than screening.
10. Signatures must be respectful and reasonable. Failing to respond with a moderator's revision request will result in the removal of your signature.
11. Please keep foul language from this forum, any excessive un-called for language will be removed and you will receive a final warning.
12. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator.
13. If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator either via PM or the 'report post to moderator' feature; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of staff will do what is required upon contact. Any person/s who attempt to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic (which has been posted in error and requires locking or moving to another forum) will be sent a PM warning and placed into moderation queue upon further actions.
14. Any impersonation of a user from these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
15. Most topics are pruned regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your specific topic or comment went, please PM a Moderator or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went, or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed/moved.
16. You may have only one username on the board at any one time. If you wish to change your name, you can do so through the Change Display Name option in your user control panel. We reserve the right to merge or delete multiple accounts.
17. There will be no posts inciting/degrading/touting political statements or affiliations.
Thank you for taking the time to read all the rules for the Beavers Bend Fly Shop Message Board. BBFS retains the right to add or delete rules at any time. All new rules/deletions will be announced on the News Banner to alert members to review Forum Rules.
Beavers Bend Fly Shop Administrator/Moderators